- IF CPAVTS is CLOSED due to weather, All Evening Classes are cancelled, students should report to the next scheduled class date when school is OPEN
- We do not hold spots for any class. You must be fully registered and paid in complete to have a spot in a the class.
- Minimum of 6 participants registered for class enrollment 1 week prior to class start date.
- Only cash and checks are accepted for payment: checks are to be made payable to "CPAVTS"
- For courses under $500, full payment must be received to reserve a slot in the course.
- For courses over $500, a 50% deposit is required to reserve a slot; full payment is due two weeks prior to first day of class.
- Payment plan schedules can be worked out on a case-by-case basis.
- Full refunds will be provided in the event a course is cancelled due to low enrollment.
- refund requests at least one week prior to the start of the class will be permitted, minus a $25 handling fee.
- No refunds will be provided less than one week prior to the start of class.
- Payments may be made by 3rd parties. If the 3rd party does not follow through with payment, the student is responsible for full payment.
- Contact Sarah Knipe at 717-697-0354 Ext. 185 or 0 for operator Monday - Friday 7:15 AM - 2:30 PM.
- Registration can be completed and paid for at the school during regular school hours.
- If you plan to register in person please contact Mrs. Knipe to set up an appointment.
We are happy to expand our adult education evening programs and would appreciate working with area businesses who have customized job training needs.
If CPAVTS is closed due to weather, all adult evening classes are canceled for that day/evening.
Adult Course Offerings
Automotive Technology - 120 Hour Course
Dates: TBD Monday and Wednesday Evenings Credit Card Payment Link
Time: 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Description: The Introduction to Automotive Technology course will teach students about the major systems of today's automobile. Students will learn about the parts and operations of each system, as well as how to diagnose and repair problems. The course will prepare students to obtain their PA Safety Inspection, PA Emissions Inspection, and EPA 609 certifications. Review this link for Automotive Course Information
CNC/Machining - 120 Hour Course (Summer Class)
Time: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Description: The machining industry utilizes precision tools and equipment to transform engineers’ and designers’ visions into finished products. The training focuses on the skills that are in demand in the local and national job market. These are the skills required by the high-tech modern manufacturing businesses such as aerospace, medical instrumentation, defense, and many more. Review this link for CNC Course Information
Fork Lift Training - 8 Hour Course
Dates: TBA (2 Consecutive Days)
Time: 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Descriptions: Forklift Training consists of a combination of formal instruction, demonstration, hands-on practice, and performance evaluation. All training is conducted by a CPAVTS employee with expertise in forklift operations and education. Students will receive a Certification of Completion and wallet card upon successful completion of the class. Review this link for Forklift Training Course Information
Welding SMAW - 120 Hour Course (Summer Class)
Time: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Description: Shielded metal arc welding, more commonly known as stick welding. Because of its versatility and simplicity this process is the most popular welding process. With this process you can weld for various applications such as maintenance, repairs, fabrication, and heavy steel structures, including new construction. Review this link for Welding SMAW Course Information
Automotive Technician Courses- State Safety Inspection Certification
Dates: February 24-27, 2020 (FULL) (4 Night Classes) *check back Fall 2020 for more class dates
Time: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cost: $190 + $40 (each per add on certification)
Automotive Technician Course - Emissions Certification
Dates: March 2-5, 2020 (FULL) (4 Night Classes) *check back Fall 2020 for more class dates
Time: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
You MUST register for the student information and access code for the online exam with PARSONS prior to the class start date on the www.patrainingportal.com.
This will require an additional $39.99 Fee paid directly to PARSONS on their site and is necessary for obtaining all necessary materials for the course.
To register please scan, mail, or fax your completed registration form to:
110 Old Willow Mill Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Registration is not complete until cash, check, or money order is received.
please contact Receptionist at 717-697-0354 ext. 185 or 0 for operator