Emerging Health Professionals
Application Registration is Open
Offered in partnership with:
Learn more and hear student testimonials:
What is the Emerging Health Professionals Program?
The Emerging Health Professionals program (EHP) is a unique, half-day, dual enrollment program that combines interactive learning and observation in a healthcare setting, college level science courses through Messiah College (Anatomy and Physiology I/II with lab (BIOL 185/185L and BIOL 186/186L), and core foundations of health occupations and patient care. The program is designed for high school seniors interested in the healthcare field and allows students the opportunity to explore the multitude of different careers in healthcare firsthand.
In a typical week, students spend two half-days in college courses, two half-days shadowing in a health care setting and one half-day immersed in the EHP Program curriculum.
Is it for you?
1. Attends a participating Cumberland Perry AVTS school district
2. Will be in 12th grade starting in the 2020-2021 School year.
3. Have an overall grade point average of 3.0 (or % equivalent) or better.
4. Have completed at least one year of high school chemistry and one year of high school biology with a grade point average of 3.0 (or % equivalent) or better.
5. Have completed a Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry (or equivalent) with a grade point average of 3.0 (or % equivalent) or better or intends to be enrolled senior year.
6. Have excellent attendance records, as defined by sending school district.
7. Provide own transportation to college and medical facility sites.
Application Materials Required:
1. Completed Online Application for CPAVTS.
2. Completed Student Information Form (Pages 1-3)
3. Letter of recommendation from teacher of student’s choice
4. High school transcript
5. High school attendance records
6. PSAT, SAT or ACT scores
Cumberland Perry AVTS
ATTN: Frank Flamini
110 Old Willow Mill Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
After Acceptance Requirements:
- All required vaccinations, TB testing, and flu shot.
- Textbook (approx. $150) and dual-enrollment credit fees must.be paid prior to start of college semester; $800 Fall Semester, $800 Spring Semester. (A total of 8 college credits will be attainable).
- Financial Assistance may be available on a case-by-case basis – please contact Mr. Flamini.
Potential Career Pathways (Medical career pathways are almost limitless, but here are some examples!):
Family Practitioner ($210,220)
Physician Assistants ($102,620)
Nurse Practitioner ($101,950)
Physical Therapist ($88,450)
...and many more