Emerging Health Professionals
What is Emerging Health Professionals?
The Emerging Health Professionals Programs is a dual enrollment program that combines skills-based,
interactive and university-level classroom learning with shadowing in a health care setting. The program is designed for high school seniors interested in the health care field and allows students the opportunity to explore careers in health care first-hand. In addition the program is designed to prepare students for post-secondary education by offering college science courses.
The Emerging Health Professionals Program is a half-day program that runs the duration of the school year in conjunction with required high school curriculum. Students spend two days a week taking college courses, two days a week in a health care setting and one day a week developing skills. Students in this program take anatomy and physiology for a total of eight college credits.
Is It For You?
1. Attends a participating Cumberland Perry AVTS school district
2. Will be in 12th grade starting in the 2019-2020 School year.
3. Have an overall grade point average of 3.0 (or% equivalent) or better.
4. Have completed at least one year of high school chemistry and one year of high school biology with a grade point average of 3.0 (or% equivalent) or better.
5. Have completed at Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry (or equivalent) with a grade point average of 3.0 (or% equivalent) or better or be enrolled during senior year.
6. Have excellent attendance records, as defined by sending school district.
7. Provide own transportation to college and medical facility sites.
Application Materials Required:
1. Completed Student Information Form (Pages 1-3)
2. Letter of recommendation from teacher of student's choice
3. High school transcript, including attendance records
4. PSAT, SAT or ACT scores
Cumberland Perry AVTS
ATTN: Scott Lindsey
110 Old Willow Mill Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
After Acceptance Requirements:
1. All required vaccinations, TB testing, and flu shot.
2. Textbook (approx. $150) and dual-enrollment credit fees must.be paid prior to start of college semester; $800 Fall Semester, $800 Spring Semester. (A total of 8 college credits will be attainable).